Welcome to Year 3 & 4!
Summer Term 2016:
This term our first topic is Predators!
It’s time to take a walk on the wild side! Find out who’s coming to dinner … a bug-munching lizard or an eagle-eyed bird of prey? We will aim to learn about creepy crocs and amazing alligators, the deadly assassin bug and the voracious Venus fly trap. We will be inspired in our writing to explore instructions for looking after your pet predator (IF ANYONE IS VISITING THE VETS AND FINDS USEFUL INFORMATION LEAFLETS ABOUT CARING FOR PETS PLEASE BRING THEM IN!) and creating poetry about predators and their prey. We will be collecting, classifying and presenting information in our Maths work using various diagrams and graphs.
As always, spellings and tables will be tested on a Monday and new ones given out. Homework is due in on a Wednesday morning. Spellings and Homework will be added to our class pages on the School Website.
To write a brief conversation between Balaclava boy and his mum. Then write a separate, brief conversation between the Balaclava Boys (Tony, Barry or Norbet and the Balaclava Body).
What I am looking for
- speech marks in the right place
- correct punctuation – always use punctuation before closing speech (,.!?)
- correct layout – new speaker, new line
- show character in the speech – abbreviated forms of speech: “What d’ya want?” “Urgh, that’s ‘orrible.” NOTE – we can break the rules of spelling when it’s speech
- keep the conversation brief to 3-4 speeches – I want to see the correct use of speech marks and character coming through the speech.
Maths – Please complete the worksheet on money and money problems.
Spellings: to be tested Monday 6th June
to Class Overview