Here at Streatley Primary CofE School we value and appreciate our volunteers, whether that be a parent helper or if you are part of our community and you can offer some time. In order to comply with our safeguarding procedures, we will require you to complete some paperwork and checks. These will only be completed on appointment (reach step 5) and as long as there has not been a long break in service (E.g. your first child leaves and you then return to the school with a sibling a year or so later).
If you would like to become a volunteer first read our Volunteers Policy:
10 steps to ensuring safe adults work with our children.
1. Make contact with the office
2. Complete a Volunteer Application Form, read and sign a Code of Conduct Form and a Child Disqualification Form
3. Be clear what activity or year groups you are offering to support
4. Return the completed forms
5. We will next contact you about completing the Disclosure and Barring Service process
6. For the Disclosure and Barring (DBS) process we will need to see some identification
7. The DBS paperwork will arrive in the post to your home
8. Bring this DBS paperwork to school
9. Read Part one ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022’
10. Complete the online Universal Safeguarding training we email you