Please note: vacancies will be removed from our website once the position has been filled.
We are looking for a Clerk to Governors to join our friendly team
Job Description and Application Form are available to download below.
We are looking to appoint an
Experienced Clerk to Governors
Start date negotiable
5 hours per week (plus additional hours if required), term time only
Actual salary Grade E7 £2,562 – E12 £2,806
(per annum, depending on experience)
We are looking to recruit an organised, experienced Clerk to become part of our friendly team. We require someone who is motivated and able to work independently who can ensure that the administrative and procedural requirements are met so the Board can fulfil its statutory responsibilities. Subcommittee meetings are predominantly on Wednesdays 08:00 – 09:30 and FGB’s predominantly on Thursdays 17:30 - 19:30. Occasionally, these meetings are virtual or hybrid. Other administrative duties can be completed during hours that suit ensuring that deadlines are met.
You will be able to offer us:
- proactive support with agenda setting, including the production of a draft agenda for each meeting and all the supporting paperwork;
- your time to attend meetings held in school to take minutes and provide advice on governance issues when required;
- advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters;
- understanding and abide by the confidential nature of the role at all times.
We will be able to offer you:
- An established, organised and proactive Governing Board;
- Up to date policies, terms of references and instrument of governance;
- GovernorHub – organised folders with accessibility to all you will need;
- Supportive staff who will help you settle into our friendly small school;
- Continued Professional Development.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
Visits to school by appointment welcome. For further information and an application form please see the website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01491 872399; Streatley CE Primary School, The Coombe, Streatley, RG8 9QL
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt, and applicants contacted directly.
Streatley CofE Primary School, The Coombe, Streatley, RG8 9QL – 01491 872399
Streatley CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks where appropriate, along with other relevant employment checks.