At Streatley Primary School, we are fully committed to safeguarding our pupils and staff. We take notice of, and adhere to, all of the national and local policies and guidance in regard to Safeguarding Children and Young People.
Safeguarding is summarised as:
- protecting children from harm,
- preventing damage to children’s health or development,
- making sure that children grow up safely, and taking action to make sure all children have the best start in life
Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families has a responsibility to safeguard children. Information about safeguarding is made clear to all pupils and staff. Staff receive current safeguarding annually. The school works in partnership with parents to educate children and keep them safe from harm and promote their welfare.
The school has established positive and effective working relationships with other agencies. Where extended school activities are provided by and managed by the school, our own safeguarding policy and procedures apply. The school has a clear and explicit confidentiality policy.
The school’s record keeping policy for child welfare and child protection is consistent with DFE guidance. Where allegations are made against any member of staff who is working in, or on behalf of, the school, we will follow the procedures as outlined in the West Berkshire Child Protection Procedures for managing allegations against people who work with children.
If you become aware of any signs of abuse or neglect with one of our pupils please notify Miss Roberts (designated lead safeguarding officer) or Mr White (deputy lead designated safeguarding officer). Ring the school 01491 872399 and ask to speak to either stating you are ringing regarding safeguarding.
Our safeguarding governor is Mrs Dineen.
We work with West Berkshire, Reading and Oxfordshire Children services to safeguard all.
Click on the title above for our hub.
For general e-safety information and advice:
- CEOP (Thinkuknow.co.uk)
- ChildLine (Childline.org.uk)
- Childnet (childnet.com)
- Internet Matters (internetmatters.org)
- NSPCC (NSPCC.org.uk)
- Professionals Online Safety Helpline (swgfl.org.uk/about/UK-Safer-Internet-Centre/Professionals-Online-Safety-Helpline)
- Southwest Grid for Learning (swgfl.org.uk/products-services/esafety/resources)
- StaySafe (https://staysafe.org/)
- Has your child had a nude image or video of themselves posted on-line? Get help to remove it: Report a Nude Image Online